St Matthew’s is a co-educational, Catholic School for all, known for our strong community spirit. We achieve excellent results using student-centred approaches to learning, and we come to know each of our students as individuals.
As well as a nurturing, dynamic and engaging environment where each child is individually acknowledged and encouraged to grow spiritually, academically, socially and emotionally, we also offer:
- An innovative curriculum, which draws on current educational theory and practice while also being tailored to meet individual student needs.
- Tools that enable students to integrate digital technology into all subject areas - laptops, iPads and Chromebooks
- Interactive whiteboards in all classrooms, including the library and music room
- A rigorous Year Six Leadership Program, in which all the students learn about leadership and take on extra responsibilities in leading the school
- A comprehensive and highly effective Student Welfare and Management Policy
- Explicitly taught values and social/emotional learning (SEL), learnt and practised in context
- A comprehensive creative arts program
- A gymnastics and dance program conducted by specialist instructors in alternate years
- Participation in the Rostrum Public Speaking competition for Year 5 and 6 students
- Two school concerts each year, one for junior students and one for senior students
- An all-encompassing sporting program which involves participation in swimming, athletics and cross-country carnivals for the students
- Well-maintained and engaging play spaces including a newly developed sensory garden
- Weekly lunch time gardening, chess, robotics, arts and games clubs each week