Important InformationIn brief:
- All students have now returned for face-to-face learning.
ACT Health COVID-19 guidelines have changed for schools.
Close Household Contacts
Household contacts will not have to quarantine if they have no COVID-19 symptoms but will need to comply with the following requirements for seven days from the time the first person in their household tests positive for COVID‑19:
- Advise ACT Health that they are a household contact by completing a COVID-19 online declaration form.
- Wear a face mask in all indoor spaces when outside of the home, if aged 12 years and over.
- Students study from home, where it is practical to do so.
- Parents/Carers notify the school of their child being a household contact
- If it is not practical to study from home, students must undertake COVID-19 testing and return a negative result in the 24 hours prior to returning to school and then every 48 hours if ongoing attendance is required
- Students with any COVID-19 symptoms should stay at home.
- We continue to minimise the co-mingling of children during the school day.
- Students in Year 3 - 6 may wear masks. Here is some good advice to help you teach your child how to put on, wear and take off a face mask.
- Please send your child in full winter uniform, and with a drink bottle (bubblers are closed).
- We encourage you to drop off your children at Drive Through in the morning, or park in the Church carpark and walk your child to the K/1 playground gate.
- We encourage you to collect your children in the afternoon via:
- Drive-Through Consider arriving in the afternoon at about 3.10pm to considerably reduce your wait time, and ease congestion around the school. Mr Pollard and Mrs Cole will be there to supervise and help. Remember to be patient as we remember our protocols and get back into a routine.
- The K/1 playground gate. Park on the courts in the afternoon and meet your child at the K/1 playground gate. Please remember social distancing.
If you have any questions or concerns, these can be directed to the front office between 8.30am and 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
The pandemic has brought many changes and challenges for children, young people, and families all around Australia. There are so many questions about the impacts and how we can best support those in our care. If you would like to make contact with our wonderful school counsellor, Rachel Corcoran, she can be contacted on email@example.com.
Learning From Home
Our students deserve the best remote learning we can offer. That's why we've taken time as a teaching community to carefully consider a rationale for our practices. Our vision is to deliver learning that is equitable, balanced and sustainable.
Our remote learning has been designed to serve the needs of our community.
We offer opportunities for students to learn in front of a screen and away from it.
Our plan is sustainable and takes into consideration our diverse parent population.
The information below was last updated on 26 August 2021.
See Saw is the key platform being used by Kindergarten, Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3. Timetables and activities might be available here. Teachers will provide you with information regarding how to access and log into Seesaw should we go into lockdown again.
Google Classroom is your child's virtual classroom in Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6. Students in these year levels are very familiar with this platform. This is your first port of call.
We waited, and researched the video conferencing platforms that were being used overseas and here in Australia. We're glad we did! The safety of our students is important to us. Students, families and teachers will be able to use Microsoft Teams to communicate with one another in a secure environment.
Instructions for how to set up, login and join a Teams Meeting:
Imagine the best stories being read aloud to you by our favourite storytellers – well that's Story Box Library!
We get kids excited about reading, inspire their imaginations and let them have fun with stories, improving their language and literacy skills along the way. With an ever-growing library, suitable for preschool and primary aged children, it really is Storytime, Anytime!
Viewer Username: StMattys
Viewer Password: SM2614
Can't borrow from the library? Never fear! SORA is here!
Students can now borrow ebooks and audio books using a new app called SORA!
Other Websites That May Be of Interest
Say 'Hi!' to Father Simon, and stay connected to the Parish.
For Protocols in the Archdiocese of Canberra-Goulburn re: COVID-19 go to https://www.catholicvoice.org.au/
|Tips on how to stay safe online during the COVID-19 pandemic|
Be You and Beyond Blue. Look after your mental health.
Relationships are central to education and we need our families to be connected to the school. Please stay in contact with your child’s teacher. We at St Matthew's will support your family as best we can in these difficult times.